Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Help need some advice about my german shepherd?

can anyone tell me why my dogs third eyelid is so red he is 19 months old been to the vets first they said eye infection so had treatment that did'nt work then they said an allergy so anti-inflamms given that has'nt worked this vet worked in conjunction with the rescue center were we got him from his time with them is now over so it's down to us he had this problem when a photo was taken of him in the kennels on 1st august please helpHelp need some advice about my german shepherd?
It sounds as if it might be Cherry Eye which is a condition which does occur in German Shepherds.


http://www.upei.ca/cidd/Diseases/ocular%鈥?/a>


Less likely that it could be Pannus.


Take him to another vet for a second opinion.


http://www.upei.ca/cidd/Diseases/ocular%鈥?/a>Help need some advice about my german shepherd?
Personally I would contact the rescue center direct, and surely if the problem was there went you first adopted him, the responsability partly lays with them.


Can I also say, that your question would be an awful lot easier to read if you used punctuation marks. Sorry to be picky but I had to read it at least 2 or 3 times to make any sense of it.
I would find another vet and keep looking untill I got an answer from someone . it does not seem like your vet has an answer and he or she is just guessing at this . I would not wait it could mean your dogs eyesight ,. good luck .
Personally,I'd get him to another vet asap.


Vets are people.People make mistakes.Especially when they're overworked and burned out.


A second opinion is never a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment