Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sports-Cheer leading- need help/advice for dances etc.?

I just got into Varsity Cheer leading at my school and Ive never done any sport, or taken a dance class. I'm worried cause i had trouble memorizing the dance we had t do for try outs then doing it correctly. Any advice on what i can do to help me memorize the moves and perform the dance cheers and chants correctly?Sports-Cheer leading- need help/advice for dances etc.?
i had a problem with memorizing them too but what i did was practiced every time i had a chance to, weather it was only 2 or 5 minutes. I think you should do that and have fun with it, thats the best way to practice and get the steps down. Also in cheer leading you should always pop your moves and make sure that if your hands move so do your eyes. trust me im captain in my cheer leading squad.


For dance the easiest thing to do is learn the first 8 steps and once you get those down move on to the next 8 and so on! it will take time but after doing it for a wile it will start to get easier.!!!!Sports-Cheer leading- need help/advice for dances etc.?
The more your brain is exposed to having to learn things in a short amount of time,the easier it will get.


Stay calm if you can think about the next move while you're dancing it will seem extremely easy.The more ways you can find about how this move connects and flows into the next,the faster you'll get it.





I hope I could help!!
By practicing it often, and making sure you understand it will help. I'm not the best dancer out there, but if you can at least make the movements look clean and sharp, it will help! Trust me, cheer dances dont take years of dance expirence :)

No comments:

Post a Comment