Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My first belt test tomorrow night @ 5:30 I need some advice Please HELP?

I am testing for my yellow belt tomorrow at 5:30pm. I was told that I can come on in 30 early to practice my form and one steps. What can I do not to be scared. I dont want to mess up and not get my yellow belt. I worked so hard to not pass my yellow belt test. How long would it take me to achieve black belt? I am a white belt going on Low Yellow belt.My first belt test tomorrow night @ 5:30 I need some advice Please HELP?
Well its a good thing that your mind is on your testing and your asking questions. Its an ok thing to be scared to go and do testing I know that i was scared my first time and my 2nd and my 3rd and so on. You just have to tell yourself i'm ready for this, I know i can do this. You might have dout but thats ok too just tell yourself you WILL do good. To get to black belt isn't an easy walk in the park, you Must prove yourself to your teacher and train train TRAIN your hart out to get to your goals. Train to become first place at all times no body trains and says I'm training to become 3rd place everyone trains to become 1st someday. ( Just thought i would ad that :) But it takes time and pain and tears at times in the gym but when its all said and done and IF you put ALL YOU GOT into it, you'll probibly come out with what you wanted. But remember a Black Belt is just the start of the quest stay calm, you have all the time in the world to get to what you want, trust me put your hart into your training and you'll do just fine :) Good luck and have a good dayMy first belt test tomorrow night @ 5:30 I need some advice Please HELP?
Fear in martial arts ';tests'; usually has to do with ego. Either a personal vanity or a security concern around others judgement. During your 30 minute practice be sure to not be interupted. If anyone interupts you, except sensei, politely let them know you need some solitude to prepare for your test...unless of course you have partners performing with you. During your practice use full natural breaths and check that on occasion...don't hold your breath. Most importantly keep your center and focus. Keep your physical center by relaxing the body. Keep your mental center by letting all past %26amp; future concerns dissolve from your mind. Keep your emotional center by filling your confidence in accord with your warming %26amp; kinesthetically sensitizing body.


When you perform your test you will be aware of the audience, but try to imagine your alone. Don't care what others are thinking about you. Ignore any audience response whether negative or positive. Focus only on what you are doing and completing it as well as you can. When you are finished, Rei (bow)...with gratitude to yourself for your efforts, your sensei for the space, and the universe the opportunity...no need to smile or frown...just take it all in. This is the best you can do to deal with fear at this point.
This is why martial arts build self-confidence. If you really have worked very hard to pass the test- I assure you that you should have no problems. :) I wish you all the luck in the world. Just do you best- you're still a beginner. I remember my first belt test... hahahaha They don't expect you to be a ninja assassin already!


Just pull yourself inside as if the room was empty and do your best. That is all that can be expected.
Please just relax. If you practice breathing exercises in class do so. If you don't, just breath in equal amount of air, and exhale same amount. As well doing so in same time period. Inhale 6 seconds, exhale 6 seconds. The longer you practice breathing exercises, you will increase this time period. 10 seconds, inhale, 10 exhale, then it will be 15 seconds, then 20 and even 30 seconds on inhale/ 30 seconds exhale. As well do so with tongue on roof of mouth, very important to be grounded.


If you have been practicing and not missing class then again, just relax. Visualize your moves even, very good tool for learning, and adjusting moves in Kata. Sit down relax, and close your eyes, and visualize your Kata movements. If you do you will as well see, where you might have a error in Kata. I require this of all my seito.
  • bright lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment