Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I need professional help or advice. I have OCD and I cant keep a job.?

I have had 50 jobs in 8 years. I have a lot of bills and I cant seem to keep a job. It makes me feel like a bum and a nobody. I cant stand living like this. I have no money for prescriptions or mental health care. I dont know what to do. My mom is very sick and I am trying to get a great job or career so I can also help her out. I have very good intentions and a big heart but I cant succeed in life. Any advice would be most helpful.I need professional help or advice. I have OCD and I cant keep a job.?
Well, you should go to the state and get Medicaid or some other insurance. You will be able to get them for a few dollars or even free. Now about the job, you will have to get a note from your doctor and apply for disability. If you can't keep a job then you should be able to get disability. It will take a long time before you are approved, some people have to apply at least two time before they get it. IN the meantime you can get welfare ot help out a bit.





On the lighter side: A lady at my job has OCD. She does her rituals all of the time and it takes her so much longer to do a task than other people. Many people don't like her and complain about her, but I explained to everyone of them why she does and what is wrong with her. They have become more accepting but she still fails to meet the standards at work sometimes. However, the company has been rather lenient on her. I work in a warehouse and so it isn't' as strict as most places. I depends on the job you get. You could actually tell them after you get your foot in the door and they will have to accommodate your disability into their company. OCD is a disability in its most severe form so you should be able to receive special privileges and exceptions.





Good luck and know you're not alone;


The lady at my job is a mess and she's been working there for about 6 years!!!I need professional help or advice. I have OCD and I cant keep a job.?
My best advise would be to find a job that works with your ocd. For example if you can't stop cleaning, get a job as a maid or house cleaner. You will be the best at what you do. Maybe who you are is a blessing not a curse. Analyze yourself and maybe read a book to help you understand yourself. Think positive and not negative even in tough situations and eventually positive things will come back to you.
Why should OCD cause you to lose a job so often? I would aim that complex at the job tasks and be ';OCD with work.';





People with OCD tend to be perfectionists so I don't see how this could be a flaw to employers. I recommend you get a job as an accountant or something that's tedious and need attention to detail.
We can't give you advice because there's not nearly enough info.





You've not even told us what form of OCD you have.
Did you know that living with that is a disability? My sister cant keep a job either due to her illness. She went to social security and applied for disability and got a ss lawyer. She got it, and now doesnt have to worry about a job. You should look into it. Call your local ss office. If you do, all the records you have on your jobs would be good and will help you prove your case.





You should have a local office there in your area somewhere for mental health. Free of charge. Ask ss about that too.
Wow. I have ADD and perfectionist tendencies, but OCD, even though it is a tough disease is one of those ones that has a few benefits. I'd keep on looking for jobs, but I'd try putting up flyers to be a professional organizer, that's one of the careers people want you to be OCD for. You can set your own hours and so on, and do it on the side of another career if you want.
I have bipolar disorder and I've had a similar problem keeping a job. I am on disability now and I volunteer when I can. It is not ideal, I would much rather have a job that pays more, but like you I have not been able to handle it. You can apply for disabilty and Medicaid to pay your medical bills. Your mom might appreciate having you around to help her more than having your money. First, deal with your mental health issues, then work on going back to work. You already know that you cannot hold a job with your current mental symptoms so take care of that first.

No comments:

Post a Comment