Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Please help/advice for heel pain?

I have moderate to sharp pain in both heels, especially after sleeping or inactivity. It also seems to be worse after anything but the most healthy of foods. It has been affecting me for almost a year. Although the severity comes and goes, it has never left completely during that time. Stretching helps a little. I have been trying to lose weight and eat much better which helps but I am depressed because I don't want to live with this for the rest of my life. Any hope? Please give advice!Please help/advice for heel pain?
Could be plantar faciaitis, which is like tennis elbow of the bottom of your feet. Pain upon waking is a prime indicator. There are lots of treatments for it, and I have had them all over the years, but one simple, cheap one that really helped me quickly when I got tired of all the high tech iontophoresis, sleeping in foot braces, shots of cortisone in my feet, etc. was to soak my feet in a big pot of really hot water with EPSOM SALTS in it. You can pick up Epsom salts at any drug store, WalMart. Make the water as hot as you can stand it, but don't burn yourself, and dump in double the amount of salts recommended on the package for soaking. Soak till the water is not hot anymore. Worked like a charm after about a week of doing it nightly. One time I had PF for over two years and went through Physical Therapy but this is the one thing that finally, quickly helped me. If not, you can go for PT and cortisone pads with ultrasound or iontophoresis, or other methods of pushing the medicine in, but try the Epsom Salts first. Wearing shoes that really support your arch and are not too hard will also help.Please help/advice for heel pain?
I had the exact same condition last year. I went to the doctor and he said that it was ';plantar fasciitis.';





From MayoClinic.com:


';Most commonly, heel pain is caused by inflammation of the plantar fascia 鈥?the tissue along the bottom of your foot that connects your heel bone to your toes.';





My doctor told me there were a couple of things I could do:


- Roll a small frozen water bottle under my foot. That helps with the inflammation.


- Get an orthopedic insert for my shoes that alleviates some of the weight/pressure on the heel.





After about a month, the pain went away!





I would definitely go see your doctor to get this properly diagnosed.
Sounds like it's the same pain I started out with about 2 yrs ago and my pain gradually got worse but with a day off my feet I felt better till the next day of work. I had to change my work hrs to every other day. But I just tonight found the answer after having to call off from work again...Get some arch supports I had those walk fit insoles in my closet and finally strapped them to my feet and was able to stand and walk again and the pain slowly went away. Now I'm searching for some good arch support shoes!!!
go to a foot doctor. you might need special inserts in your shoes made be a doctor to correct your feet. Is you feet flat. you also might have to go to physical therapy. you might have plantar fasciitis or heel spurs. they make your feet hurt a lot in the morning until you stretch them. the therapies can also give you special exercise for your feet at home. If your over weight it might be that you really need to lose some weight to get some pressure off. try weight watchers there pretty good.
  • bright lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment