Monday, August 23, 2010

38 weeks pregnant and feels guilty not wanting to have sex with partner? Any help/advice?

dont worry about it, my partner and I didnt have sex after my 7th month, I was just never in the mood. and now that the baby is here, we have to wait 6 weeks, according to the doc38 weeks pregnant and feels guilty not wanting to have sex with partner? Any help/advice?
dont feel bad.. i feel the same way im 31 weeks and sometimes i dont want to either.. its just our hormones.... just tell him why.. maybe he'll understand that it might not be comfy for you or your tierd... and hopefully he understand..


good luck and congrats on the baby.....38 weeks pregnant and feels guilty not wanting to have sex with partner? Any help/advice?
Don't feel guilty! It's totally ok and normal, and your desire will return shortly after the baby's born. Do other intimate things instead, making out, cuddling, backrubs, oral if you feel like it (i was nauseous the whole time so that didn't work for me) , and explain to your partner that it's a combo of your hormones, emotions, physical comfort, etc., and not anything he did. I hope he is understanding and doesn't try to pressure you! Good luck!
At this point, alot of us don't want sex. Not only are you huge, but it can take serious acrobatics to find a comfy position. There are other things you can do that don't involve sex. Do those for now. For 6 weeks after birth you'll not be able to have sex so you need to explore alternate methods of satisfying you both. I'm not going into detail because of kids on this site.
Sex is the last thing on your mind-I know. But I'm so miserable and ready,,,so I started reading up on ways to help bring labor along...and the main 3 things everyone is telling me is walking, sex, and nipple stimulation. And since I know sex is going to be out of the question for at least 6 weeks after I have the baby...I'm starting to think maybe I ought to at least try to have some fun as impossible as it sounds. So my husband and I have been trying the sex and nipple stimulation thing. But I tell him he just has to take it slow and be very gentle. The semen is actually what causes the cervix to thin-not sex. So we have alot of foreplay,,,and after a while-it actually feels really good and relaxes me. So maybe just have your partner give you a message and relax you,,,you need something to jumpstart your hormones. The nipple stimulation is what did it for me. It was very relaxing,,,and having him message me,,,totally put me in the mood. Then once i've had an orgasm...I let him gently slide in. We actually both enjoy it because it's more of a slower paced thing and gives us a chance to really connect. He loves it. Sex,,,full blown-would not work for me right now. I feel like a cow as is,,,and everything is just different right now. It's very tight and uncomfortable. That is why having him relax you will help,,,and to be very slow and gentle. Good luck to you!
Don't feel guilty, it's normal...I've felt bad too...but it's okay, it's normal during pregnancy and it seems he understands it eventhough he is desperate to have sex with me. I do other things for him to keep him happy...I do oral for him and he likes it. :) Try that...
don't feel guilty. just do alot of cuddling and alone time while you can
Don't feel guilty - it is hard and sometimes painful to have sex during pregnancy. Sometimes it is hard not to think about the baby in there. Then again - some women say that the best sex they have had is during pregnancy! Maybe there are other things you can do to satisfy each other.





Hold out - you will be able to have sex again 6 weeks after the baby is born.
There is no need to feel guilty. It's hard to be in the mood when you are about to have a baby. Just remember it will all be over soon and you will have your body back.
I'm there with you.


You hear about these women who are pregnant and their hormones are crazy and they want sex constantly.


Not me! When I am pregnant I want to avoid sex like the plague! I do have mercy sex with my husband (he has NO clue that's what it is) because I feel absolutely terrible for him.


I want to, ';want'; too!


I know after the baby comes things will get back to normal, but until then I have mercy sex.
Don't feel guilty! Just remember that's how you got that way! There will be plenty of opportunities to do that later :-) Make sure you get your rest because there won't be much of that soon.





Best Wishes
I struggle with this too. It's better to just explain to him that it's the last thing you want to be doing that pregnant...When I try to do it for my guy, I end up getting mad at him and it's so much easier to just be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment