Saturday, August 21, 2010

Advice help! Bullying, harassment at work - stress problems?

Hii


I have worked for a trade union for 2 years and have returned to work after 2 months off for stress because


1 My line manager treaats me with disdain and 2 years ago accused me of something I didn't do(I have witnesses) At a meeting she said she was aware she had a problem with me and had taken legal advice agsinst me but showed no intention of resolving anything


2.1 member of the team I work for has issues agsinst women and made numerous crude remarks to me and kept truing to hug me in the officee - I made an informal complaint; the regional manager only thought 1 of the remarks was crude - he as supposed to apologise and didn't aand kept slamming the phone dowwn on me and treating me like I was mad or something.Noone has ever pulled him up about not apologising or correcting his attitude.The other male members of the team laugh along with him and


Since I came back the team have treated me like I have nothing worthy to say and it has been suggested I move to a lesser post.Advice help! Bullying, harassment at work - stress problems?
Maybe you should quit. It seems like a reasonable solution if you have to take 2 months off of work for work related stress. Thats a waste of your time and education.Advice help! Bullying, harassment at work - stress problems?
get out of there you are worthy! some where else... a lot better they are extremely jealous ( i don't know why? you can only answer that) you don't get far being honest and speak you're mind and be good at what you're doing in most places because people will get to you because they want what you have but dont get it or have it.. like they do now so get out of there make a plan to get the most out of it whats good for you and youre future get a really good resume if you have to suck up do it for now or whatsoever it takes . you time is up there so get what you can from that place. and find asap some new don't trust any one or tell any one what you're doing keep it for yourself and you go out there you will get a better job and a year from now you laugh about it when you c back on it good luck you sound very strong use you're skills!
I am sorry to say this because it is so unfair and in essance lets those jerks at work 'win' but is it worth the stress and yuckiness you face at work? You may want to look for another job and let your filthy excuses for coworkers deal with one another's selfish ways without you. Find a company who sees and appreciates your real worth.
you're a troublemaker that's why.
The Answer is simple! Quit! I have put up with workplace abuse for years. Almost to the point of a nervous breakdown.


In your lifetime you will go through at least fifty jobs before you find the one that was meant for you. MOVE ON!


Think about it your job is like a marriage or your home away from home. Do yourself a favor and find other employment or start your own business(like I did). Get a DIVORCE! I hope this helps! Good Luck!!
You have my sympathies - it really stinks working with that.


Tell your boss - if they don't help - I would leave the job. God Bless.
go to the human rights commidion or whatever in your state








sounds like if you can prove these things in court you may have a law suit
Document the events and contact the union rep. They will ask for details and should stand up for you if can show there is a problem. (The more details, the better.) Consider writing the events down in a journal. Ask if the union has legal support, this looks like litigation will occur.
If you have nothing to contribute, take a lesser post or choose to work somewhere else.
If you are stressed, find another job. Sanity is better than $. My husband stays home and cares for the kids. We may not have allot, but we are happier and less stressed out.
It sounds like it is time to file a formal complaint. Have you contacted your human resource department? Call your local civil liberty union and see if you have a case against the company. It's time women had some recourse against men to don't know when to shut up. If you are offended by what he says, it doesn't need to seem crude to someone else. It offends you and that is all that counts. This man needs to be counseled and told to leave you alone except in a strictly professional manner. Hanging up the phone is not professional. A formal complaint would be in his personnel file. Maybe that will slow him down some. Good luck.
well I would first go talk to a union rep and see what your options there are then I would just start looking for another job or career. You could also work the workers comp thing for stress and get retrained to do something less stress full. Good luck to you :)
It's good to fight and win, but otherwise, leave and start your own small enterprise of some sort and be fair with people.





Working at a job almost always puts you in an inferior position and subject to others, like a slave.
Try transferring to another position- you won't lose $ if you are a union member. If you want to continue where you are file more complaints, but it probably won't help them respect you or lower your stress levels. Sometimes a fresh start with new people makes a world of difference. Best of luck.
  • dermalogica
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment