Saturday, August 21, 2010

Amateur MMA Fighter looking for Sponsors. Can anyone help or offer advice?

I am an Amateur MMA fighter that fights in IL. I have only fought twice so far. First fight, just jumped in there and did it, lost first round. Second fight, went to second round and my knee gave out on me and the fight was stopped, another loss. I am now training full time with Team No Ego in Plainfield, IL and plan on fighting again Dec. 19th. My weight class is Featherweight(145).Amateur MMA Fighter looking for Sponsors. Can anyone help or offer advice?
my advice would be to win some fights, then the sponsors will come to youAmateur MMA Fighter looking for Sponsors. Can anyone help or offer advice?
yeah the problem right now is sponsors pay for name recognition, without wins..you may not get to a higher level and then get a shot into pro organizations... sponsors will only invest in marketable fighters or fighters with potential to be marketable.. so keep at it and remember most sports figures do not get rich overnight, getting on a team helps, but overall it is the record that sells, it is only fight number 3 in dec.. take your time, money is not the right motivation to get good at sports or you will lose interest when it doesn't come quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment