Monday, August 23, 2010

Hi all I really need advice? Please help its very important?

I worked for a seasonal tax company as a branch manager for 6months. It was my first year I also worked as a tax preparer. 15 days before my branch was closing I got call from headquarters and they informed me the bank deposit and the accounts are not matching. On investigation they found I was supposed to deposit money every day instead of lump some of two days or so they never provide me any training on that. After three months of season is over they are telling me that cash is missing so they cannot rehire me How do I know we had four receptionist I tried to match balance as much as I could I was not given any training on that .I am so pissed when they informed me. I have not even taken a penny why me they did no investigation just because I am a manager I am asked to leave. They asked me I did not take any corrective measures against anyone but I was not informed that cash is missing until now when office is closed over three months.


Please advice what should I do.Hi all I really need advice? Please help its very important?
Never sign anything that you don't agree with especially tax documents!


Chalk it up to experience and move on.


Never do work that you are not paid for! They don't appreciate it and you feel used.


Let themknow that if they give a derogatory statement like ';she is not rehire able'; when a potential employer contacts them for reference that you intend to sue them for defamation of character. They cannot accuse you of a crime and use that as basis of non-rehireability without giving you a fair trial. They need to accuse you formally (file charges) or remove the suspision from your employment record. Put it in writing and send it to them.Hi all I really need advice? Please help its very important?
Sue them as a defense. Its the only thing that will clear you. They will have to drag everything out in the daylight, and they will hate that.
Based on what you are saying you may have a case against the company. Sounds like they have very bad internal control system. Do they require monthly bank reconciliation to be reviewed by and sign off by manager? If the internal control is weak, it could either be the Company's or the manager's (your) fault. Does your job description as a branch manager require that you design and implement internal controls? If not then the Company shouldn't fire you at all. But if your job includes such function, then it is true that you didn't do a good job tightening the controls, but the Company should have warned you before firing you. I do want to mention though if your job description included designing the controls, you can't expect the Company to train you on everything.





Good luck.
youre thier fall guy!
Seriously, you need a good lawyer.





This could ruin your career if these allegations aren't cleared up and quickly. It doesn't matter if you never want to work there or not, your reputation is at stake. Someone else could be involved in criminal actions here (embezzlement) and letting you take the fall.





As long as you know you are innocent, I’d go after them until they cried “Uncle”, paid you back pay and punitive damages. You were wrongfully terminated and that gives you a huge advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment