Saturday, August 21, 2010

If someone can offer any advice I would appreciate it. Can anyone help me with my broken oven?Thanks.?

The pilot light is on and blue, but when I turn on the oven or broiler, it won't heat up/start. It stays cold. Then I checked in the oven/broiler, and there seem to be a bunch of white soot. What can I do, and who should I call? I already left a message for the landlord, but he hasn't called back yet. Should I wait?If someone can offer any advice I would appreciate it. Can anyone help me with my broken oven?Thanks.?
Yes, Stephanie you'd better wait. This is a gas appliance, and can be a safety hazard. Sound's like the white soot might be oven cleaner that was left behind. If the Bourdon tube that's connected to the pilot light has a hole in it, or is corroded from the oven cleaner, it may not be passing electrical information to the gas control valve. Hence it won't turn on. Thing's could go wrong with fooling with this, and if you have your little face in there, you could look like that chick in the Star Trek movie,(except no eyebrows either!) If this appliance came with the apartment, it's your landlord's responsibility!If someone can offer any advice I would appreciate it. Can anyone help me with my broken oven?Thanks.?
If the bake heating element heats, it could just be a faulty broil heating element.


If neither units heat, and the oven control is digital, the control board could be burned out.


If you don't have a digital display, it could be a bad selector switch.


Check the voltage also, if you don't have the proper voltage the units will not work, or sometime they will heat but not get as hot as normal.


Hope this helps.
pilot safety valve is bad,it's the part with the button you hold to light the pilot...also replace the thermocouple,the copper tube with a bulb on it that sits in the pilot flame...
Is your stove propane or natural gas? Seems to me you are not getting gas to the burner. Do you have a gas smell when you turn it on? If not you do not have gas to the burner.

No comments:

Post a Comment