Monday, August 23, 2010

I need your advice on baby cribs. Can you help?

I am a furniture designer and I am interested in creating a nursery line. Do you Moms/Dads have any suggestions on how to make my cribs more convenient for you? I love modern furniture, so definitely this


line will be modern as well. I am also planing to make it eco-friendly, and convertible (crib-daybed). What would you like to see in the future cribs? Any problems with you current cribs, suggestions? THANK


YOU!I need your advice on baby cribs. Can you help?
I know a lot of parents don't feel that the sliding rails on cribs are really safe, so what if instead of the rail sliding down the top piece (like a foot or two) kind of folded down and then locked into place. I don't think I've ever seen a crib that did that so it might be a rather unique feature.I need your advice on baby cribs. Can you help?
We have now bought a crib for our son (due in April). Its an antique white four-poster crib- very pretty.





We originally looked at the Chelsea Sleigh Crib made by Bratt decor (we wanted the silver one) but had issues with communicating with their company (they are east coast, we are west coast, and work full time so it was just too tough to correspond).





I think new parents (well, at least if they are like us) are wanting new styles of cribs. I absolutely did not want a common looking crib, I didn't want basic that every other baby has. The selection at stores near us (Babies R' Us, Segals, etc) was pitiful at best. I wasn't interested in paying $500 for a crib that looked like a crib that every kid will have and is made of particle board. No thanks.





So I think its important to have good contact with your customers (if they're on the west coast and you the east don't make them call 12 times just to order a catalog and your ';forget'; to send it, its tough for them to call during business hours). Use quality products to make the furniture (not particle board, people don't want to spend much money on particle board). And give ';different'; styles, don't make cribs that look like what every baby on the block has.





Those are just my suggestions.
wow i really wish cot/crib sides could be high my baby since 18 months could climb out of his he can open safety gates to so he can get out of the rooms i had to take the door handle of so he cant get out. he sleeps in my room i would not lock him on the room by himself

No comments:

Post a Comment