Monday, August 23, 2010

Antidepressant help and advice?

I have been taking prozac for a few days, can it make your depression worse before it gets better? Especially at night time?Antidepressant help and advice?
I was taking sertraline(Zoloft) and only made it five days. It was prescribed to me for anxiety, though, not depression. the first day I took it, I found myself crying for no reason. I felt sedated constantly and was very disconnected from my world. The third day I found myself asking what the hell I ususally feed my daughter. By the fifth day, the anxiety and depression were so bad I almost became an inpatient. I stopped taking it without asking my doctor, but I knew it was bad news. Maybe, had I stuck it out longer, it would have worked for me, but I was unwilling to find out. This was just my personal reaction to ONE SSRI, not to say everyone would react that way. Yes, your problems may get worse before getting better, ESPECIALLY if in this case you are switching medications, but even if not. If you start to feel really down or have thoughts of suicide, call your doctor ASAP. I noticed that when I took the zoloft, I would take it at bedtime and I did not sleep very well. I began to feel human again the next day around a few hours before my next dose was due. So maybe you could find a way to sleep through the side effects when they are at their worst? I kept a journal and recorded how I felt at what times everyday in relation to taking my dosage to figure this out. Maybe that could help? But yeah, the side effects suck at first, but they should go away, if they get bad enough to the point where you cannot handle it anymore, call your Dr. and tell them EXACTLY what you are feeling. Good luck, trying new meds sucks. Hopefully this is the one that will work for you.Antidepressant help and advice?
As a psychiatrist, I have prescribed Prozac many times, and in some people it may either cause insomnia or could actually make depression worse. If your experiencing any of these symptoms call your Psychiatrist immediately, as it may be a bad reaction with your medication. Good Luck.





Any help with mine.


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
yes it take a couple of weeks before they start kicking in. this what piss me of about doctor they tell you nothing. look at the leaflet that comes with the tablets.
yes definatly... you have to really keep up with it to see the benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment