Thursday, July 29, 2010

Help! I am depressed and cant find work. Any advice for a reformed felon?

I cont find a job. I am a single mom want to work and i am an excellent worker with various skills. I had an addiction to meth recently and did a year in prison. My life just cant get back on track and i have considered suicide more than once. I feel helpless hopeless useless and really alone.Help! I am depressed and cant find work. Any advice for a reformed felon?
I know that here in California, there is a list at the Employment Development Department that provides ';felon friendly'; employment agencies. You may want to try your local Employment Department and see if they have anything similar.





I have heard often that some employers sometimes prefer to hire someone with a felony because they usually tend to not want to return to prison and therefore can be trusted sometimes more than others to not steal from them or screw them over in othe ways.





Also, in California, the Employment Development Department will pay for an employee to be bonded once for free, up to a maximum amount that I'm not sure of, if an employer requests it from you. Being bonded is sort of like an insurance policy on you to protect the employer if you were to steal from them or whatever else. The employer could be reimbursed for any monetary loss.





Each state is different so check out what yours may offer.


GOOD LUCK!!!Help! I am depressed and cant find work. Any advice for a reformed felon?
I hope this will help you. I've always thought that if I ever lose everything I have, and no one would hire me, that if I had a broom, and went downtown, door to door and volunteered to sweep doorways, and did a good job, just for a handout, that it wouldn't be long before someone saw how much I wanted to work and they would hire me just from what they saw and my attitude. The job they hired me for probably wouldn't have anything to do with sweeping. A good attitude means so much.
listen to me mam never ever give up hope ok try temp agencies there has to be a company that will hire even if it doesnt pay much but its something you know what they say QUITTERS NEVER WIN AND WINNERS NEVER QUIT
I am not calling you out.Society only sees an ex-con IE...Convict,con-artist and a con-game.Depending upon your charges,check to see if the Governor will expunge your record.Only then you can start anew,clean slate as if it has ever happen.You just be cautious not to break any law remember 2-pac's record.ALL EYES ON ME. STOP thinking negative start praying positive.
Don't give up. I know someone who is only 21 and is dealing with the same thing. He couldn't find work for a long time because he was caught with marijuana at the age of 18 and charged with a felony. Finally, the college that he goes to hired him.





Try to find SOMETHING even if it isn't your dream job so that you can take care of your child. Do you happen to know anyone that has their own business? Any friends that can put in a good word for you at their job? Please do not take your own life. Think of your child. If he/she lost you, where would they be? Who would take care of them? I have considered suicide before but I always thought of my family and the damage that a tragedy like that could do to them. Don't give up, I know it's hard but something will work out eventually. Be open-minded about finding a job and don't think that any job is too embarrassing to do. Sometimes that can hinder a job search.
Don't give up. There are temp agencies that would give you temp assignments and eventually a job. It may take some time, but the point is that you are working.

No comments:

Post a Comment