Thursday, July 29, 2010

What is the BEST financial advice you ever got and how did it help you?

My best financial advice I ever got was to save. And it did help me a lot during sickness and household items.What is the BEST financial advice you ever got and how did it help you?
';Never co-sign anything, for anybody, under any circumstances.';





It would have helped me considerably had I listened.What is the BEST financial advice you ever got and how did it help you?
save your money, if possible put it on layaway, do not own a credit card, just because you see it and its shiny don't buy it , combine trips to save gas saved money and when i had an emergency if there was no other way i had the money there are many ways to cut down and not do without and come out ahead
That credit cards, while cool and fun to use, will only land you in financial hell. I just wish I had listened.
if you can't pay cash you don't need it. Saved all the interest for over 40 years. now I got it all
From my grandpa: Pay yourself first and max out your retirement accounts.





It was absolutely the right advice. My money goes to savings before anything else and my retirement accounts are healty because this became habit and I learned to live on less money. Also, whenever I get a raise or bonus I keep the first increased check and the rest goes directly to savings so I never adjust my spending up but I keep saving more.
Subscribing to Money magazine years ago... Lots of articles covering almost every aspect of personal finance in laymans terms...

No comments:

Post a Comment