Saturday, July 31, 2010

Need advice / help / suggestions for sciatica relief.?

I have had my spine x-rayed and there are no fractures, herniated discs, ar anything out of alignment. My prescription for muscle relaxers has been emptied, no refills. I have an appt to see an Ostoepath, but I have to wait until Nov 16th. I already have orthopedic inserts in my shoes and I have been using the ';sacro-wedgy'; for about 1 week. I get some relief from advil + tylenol and also an icepack. I have tried stretches, exercises, etc, and I have read everything that I can find on the net.





Any suggestions for what else might help ease the pain until I can see the Osteopath and hopefully get to the bottom of this? The mornings are unbearable, I can barely get thru taking a shower, and forget putting on my own socks and shoes.





The only thing that seems to help is constant movement (walking). I can't sit down or lay down, it is too painful. But I'm afraid that all of the movement, regardless of how easy, may just be inflaming the problem area more. Suggestions/advice/help?Need advice / help / suggestions for sciatica relief.?
First off, taking tylenol and advil together for an extended period of time is hard on the liver. Second off the tylenol is not good at reducing inflamation which is what you are fighting. I would suggest taking 800 mg of ibuprofen as needed to take the inflammation down. Your pain is caused by swelling in the nerve channel through your pelvis. Get the swelling down and the nerve is released and the pain goes away. 800mg of ibuprofen is hard on the stomach and should not be taken in that dose on an empty stomach. Consult with your physician about what s/he thinks a max dose per 24hrs and how long you can maintain that dosage. Try it once and see if it helps. If it does , call the doc and get some advice about how to go about using ibuprofen to treat the pain until you can get in to see them. Works for me ;-).Need advice / help / suggestions for sciatica relief.?
I think I understand your pain. I think you might of hurt your tailbone at some time. You should get your coccyx/sacrum x-rayed. try an ice pack on you bum by your tailbone and see what happens.
May have some specific stretching procedures for you if you want to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment