Thursday, July 29, 2010

My 13 year old indoor cat suddenly got a sore rear paw. Any advice or help?

My cat was just fine and I noticed he could barely put weight on a rear paw. I did not see any thing happen. My vet was busy and said it does not sound like an emergency so I did not bring him in. It now seems a little better. Anyone know about hurt paws like sprains or muscle pulls perhaps?My 13 year old indoor cat suddenly got a sore rear paw. Any advice or help?
He's an old cat, so my first guess would be that he has a bit of arthritis and that a bad jump or landing aggrevated it. My old cat sprained his hind leg when he was younger. It healed up nicely, but as he got older the leg would act up once in a when he jumped from the window sill or the cat tree. He'd always be fine again after a few days of rest.





You might still want to take your cat to the vet for an overall check-up and have him tell you what to do if it happens again. If it is arthritis there should be some treatment options.My 13 year old indoor cat suddenly got a sore rear paw. Any advice or help?
it probably just got scratched if it dosent walk on it try to keep it out of dirt so it dosent get infected other than that he will be fine hope that helps
take to the vet

No comments:

Post a Comment