Thursday, July 29, 2010

Need legal advice, can anyone help me out?

I went out on FMLA leave that turned into a medical leave, I've been cleared to go back to work but I am only being given part time (1 day a week), I was a full time employee with benefits before I left. Can they do this??Need legal advice, can anyone help me out?
If you have worked there for 1 year, you are entitled to FMLA for 90 days whether you take it consecutively or intermittently. They must hold your position if you have followed all the procedures.





Go here:


http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/fmla/Need legal advice, can anyone help me out?
1ST READ YR SERVICE CONTRACT, IF THERE IS ANY CLAUSE IN YR FAVOR THAN VISIT OR TOOK APPOINTMENT FM LEGAL PERSON AND TOOK AND GET YR RIGHTS
I am pretty sure they are breaking contract with you to do this. Study your contract, and see if there is any contractual clauses related to taking time off for medical leave (eg, if it exceeds a certain period etc). I am pretty sur though, that you are being unfairly treated. Speak to a solicitor.
depends on the law in the state you are in and if they handle federal contracts this could even affect the laws covering your situation
To answer the question can they do this? Yes. Whether or not it is legal depends on the employment laws of the state you live in. I would go talk to a lawyer but I would keep it on the QT. If you stir up trouble for the company they will find a reason to fire you. Believe me I know, I have been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment