Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dihydrocodeine, can anyone help with the withdrawal or give me more advice?

I have been taking DHC for 2 yrs. For pretty severe pain,however, I was hospitalised with this a few weeks ago. (They will operate as soon as I'm well enough, it's gall bladder related), since the hospital treatment, they just make me feel sick all of the time. I wanted to get back to normal, as I knew I was addicted so I burnt them all. I'm on pethidin also. This doen't take away the pain. It's been 3 days now. With no DHC and I feel terrible. When will the symptoms start getting better and is there any web pages to help? With 2 young kids i can;t afford to feel like this.Dihydrocodeine, can anyone help with the withdrawal or give me more advice?
your doing well good on you ...it will be worth it in the end but did you discuss with your doc first its really hard going and maybe you should withdraw slower rather than cold turkey ..and recheck your gall bladder had similar pr obs had it removed and they sent letter to my GP after saying they didn't think this was the problem ...and it wasn't ...several months later it was a n ulcer fixed never looked back but Cretans removed my gall bladder ... so be sure .... look know you want of but slowly under supervision for your own good be careful good luck and if you do wish I had your will power well done youDihydrocodeine, can anyone help with the withdrawal or give me more advice?
great to hear your doing well ..wish you all the best geese your so brave but dont forget there is help out there if you need it ...and chicken pox ....dont scratch

Report Abuse



Don't do this by yourself, especially if there are children involved. Hospitals have in-patient and out-patient programs that deal with pain-killer addictions. They can help you, slowly wean you off the medicine. You might be putting yourself in danger if you go cold turkey.
you gotta go thru the withdrawl first 48 hours are the worst then recovery up to 2 weeks stick with it will get better
I took it for six months or so and got addicted. Really hurts to withdraw, I thought I was on fire all one week. Then my adrenaline started to flow, that lasted a couple days. Depression sets in next, I still know I'm not the same from this stuff. Its not impossible, just a lot worse than you think its going to be.
I am sorry for the pain you are going threw, you will get threw it. Start praying to the god of your understanding, and he or she will help you get threw this. Try warm bathes. It will get better. Maybe some Motrin would help. I hope this helped you. Freckles.
Oh why did you do that,you should have came off them by cutting them down,I would call my doc and ask for help to get weaned off them.
The drug DHC is similar 2 Codeine. It`s used 4 treatment of postoperative pain. Most of its activity is believed 2 b due 2 its conversion in2 Morphine.This would be your dependency factor


Take it W/ food ,Pepto Bismol will also help.along with a long soak in the tub.
I takes approx 5 days for the brain to start manufacturing the bodies' natural painkiller (endorphin) upon withdrawal of other opiates such as morphine, codeine, etc. This is the same for heroin withdrawals, etc. Your brain would have stopped manufacturing endorphins after being dosed with codeine for a period, as the chemical stucture of endorphins and opiates are so similar. In other words, you are nearly there, please don't give up!
Been there, done that! You shouldn't have stopped them straight away. The best way to do it is to gradually reduce the dose. However, since you've burnt them all, and given that it's been 3 days, you're maybe as well persevering. But you need to get something else that will give you pain relief. Speak to your doctor. He may advise you to start on the DHC again, and gradually reduce, or he may try something else.
codeine is horribly addictive, I was on a high dose 4 months ago for 60 days, and my body became so addicted that I was seriously ill when I stopped, aches pain, nausea, shaking sweating, it was the most horrible experience. However, i set them on the table and looked at them, and did not take any more. It took 8 full days to get it out of my systom. Drink lots of water, like a gallon or more a day, plus juice and green tea will help flush it out





good luck!
You have to remember that this is TEMPORARY. It will get better, but as with all types of healing, it has to get worse first.





It is a great challenge to overcome, and you will feel so much better when you do.





It's only been a few days, so you are that much closer to when you don't feel the need anymore.





You could go to NA websites, or talk to your doc about alternative painkillers. You could also look up ';Pain management'; in a search engine. There are many ways to manage pain without medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment