Sunday, July 25, 2010

Need some major help & advice with stubborn parents

I'm 22. I'm currently living at home because I cannot afford a place on my own in the area in which we live- I work and go to school, so I can't get a full time job as well. I haven't been out of state alone ever. I haven't been on vacation in years. I have wanted very much to go to a two day music festival that is about 8 hours away. My boyfriend wants to come along, but we couldn't find anyone else who wanted to go. Combined admission and parking will total about $400. Gas will probably be about $200. All of the hotels in the immediate area are booked- I can get one within an hour's drive of the venue for two nights around $400. Because of financial constraints, My boyfriend and I cannot afford separate rooms. We are christian, and my parents are even moreso, if you follow. They refuse to go along with our sharing a room (double bed) for the two night period that is necessary. To me, and to him, this defies all reason, although I respect their view. I too consider it very important to avoid wrong- thus my refusing to live with a man until marriage, and extreme desire to work something out with my parents out of respect. I don't know what to do- I very much want to attend this event, and have gone through a great deal of trouble to get off work for it. I need some advice very badly. I'm afraid of the fallout if I go against their wishes- that might include getting kicked out, which would mean having to move in with my boyfriend. We cannot afford separate rooms, even if they were to be had near the vicinity- and I would feel a whole lot safer being with him than alone. Help!!Need some major help %26amp; advice with stubborn parents
You must live your own life but your parents always want what is best for you. They do not want to see you mess up your life. Be happy they care so much and just do what you have to do. They will love you no matter what








==))

No comments:

Post a Comment