Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sleep trouble, need some advice/help?

Hello, I've had some trouble sleeping for a while. Whenever I know I have to get up at a set time or something, I have trouble going to sleep and I wake up a lot during the night... But if I can sleep in and dont have to worry it's no problem. This becomes a hassle all the time, considering most of the year I have to get up very early and this occurs every night.





I dont know why this happens but I really want to fix it.Sleep trouble, need some advice/help?
I have the same problem! A few things that I have found help me are:





* Meditation. There are plenty of places online where you can find instructions on how to do this-its very relaxing.


* Melatonin. Melatonin is an over the counter sleep aid. Your body naturally makes Melatonin to help you sleep and the extra bit can help you sleep more deeply. It makes you a bit groggy for the first few days but, after that, works like a charm!





And there's always the good ol' standby of a hot cup of 'bed time tea.' Good luck!Sleep trouble, need some advice/help?
Have you have issues with oversleeping, not hearing your alarm clock, alarm clock not working, start a new job??? Try having someone else make sure you are up on time in the morning, then you will know that you will be woken in time and won't miss whatever you are waking up for. Set your alarm clock for 5-10 minutes before you tell the person to wake you up, so you can see that you can get up without having to worry or get woken, put your alarm clock away from your bed so can have to wake up to turn it off, don't get back in bed-or you will go back to bed. After a few nights of waking up on your own, knowing someone will wake you just in case, you will get more comfortable with resting and knowing you will wake up. Also try going to bed and waking up at the same time as much as possible, this way your body will get used to a set routine, don't sleep in more than an hour or so on days you can sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment