Sunday, July 25, 2010

I leave for my RAF basic training in four weeks any advice that will help me get through it all?

A good attitude. Helps both in life and flying. Seriously though, if you think positively, it will be much easier on you and you will be through it in no time at all.I leave for my RAF basic training in four weeks any advice that will help me get through it all?
During training you are assesed on your attitude as well as on your performance.


Give 100% effort in everything you are asked to do, this shows the training staff that you are serious and will be noted.





All the other things are common sense, get as fit as you can before you go, keep your mouth shut and ears open ( you have one mouth and 2 ears so you can listen twice as much as you speak...etc)


At times you will just want to give up and go home, everyone will, but keep going, and at the end of it you will have achieved something to be very proud of (the only way you could be prouder is to join the Army - but I'm Biased!)





Last piece of advice, Buy the best Iron you can afford, steam is your friend. You'll understand why at the end of week 1





Good luck!I leave for my RAF basic training in four weeks any advice that will help me get through it all?
when the Drill instructor is Yelling at you he does not hate you it is his job to try and intimidate you





do not be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand





and if the Cpl says you are an idiot agree with him





I did 2 lots of recruit Training one IN the RAF and one in the Royal Australian Air Force i was a gun plumber /cracker stacker and i do remember a Cpl saying you are an idiot Airman what are you I am an Idiot Cpl





I retired after 38 years as a Warrant Officer Explosives Ordnance Engineer so i was not such an idiot should have applied for a commission before i was 42 Bigger Pension





But had the best boots in the RAAF my best friend joined the Royal Marine Commandos and finished up as a senior instructor SAS/SBS and one of His Cpls polished my best RAF boots to Commando standards which i wore to my RAAF pass out Parade





advice Polite Yes Cpl Yes Sgt Yes Sir is half the battle and a Good Quality salute to officer





yes i Know they want you to fly Like an Eagle but it is difficult at times when you work with a bunch of turkeys








I wish you Good Luck remember it is only a few Months then it gets easier

No comments:

Post a Comment